Tuesday. Sleep deprivation update day.*
My energy level is so low on Tuesdays that I couldn't dream of doing anything active. I spend most of Tuesday mornings actively scheming to get the kids to nap at precisely the same time so that I can pass out moments after they do. I've tried to catch micro-snoozes on the floor while they play, but if they're not pulling my hair or bending my glasses in half, they're climbing up onto counters or eating cat food.
I realize that there are a zillion third-shifting moms out there who do not leave work to go home to warm, cozy beds and peaceful, quiet houses. I don't think of them. I think (selfishly) of myself and how unlikely it seems that I will survive another Tuesday to make it to a lazy Wednesday. And I think of my own mom, who did the same thing when I was small, likely for some of the same reasons. Living proof that one can persevere.
Delta waves, I am right behind you.
*For anyone whose iPhone isn't synced with the Hanson Family Work Schedule, Monday is my weekly call day. 24 hours. Trapped in the hospital. Sometimes with downtime. Sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment