Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Here Come the Doldrums

Oh, after holiday let down.  Humbug.  The Christmas tree is dropping its needles and mocking me.  You know you're going to have to spend an entire day putting away these ornaments, right?  Now comes the long part of winter.  Take a deep breath and hold it.  Til spring.

I don't think these guys feel the same dread I do.  Luckies.

After bath time in the always sunny room.

Sometimes the kids get in trouble for torturing the cat.  Greta has been especially notorious for sneaking him into her room and closing the door so she can put him to bed in the crib with her babies.  Sometimes playing house with Pete in the role of "Baby" is just funny.  He has a panic room in the basement.  He could get away if he wanted to.

I will not be swaddled.
Magda is perfecting sitting up independently these days.  She gets encouragement from Greta, who confided in me tonight that she has dreams of waking up to find that her sister has grown from baby to kid.  She doesn't seem to mind playing with rattles and baby blocks.  But probably the ideal daytime playmate wouldn't need to break so often for bottles or naps.

My aren't we stripey?
We went for a walk today in the sun and melty snow.  The baby fell asleep in my arms and Greta searched for just one perfect icicle to save for Dad to see.  She helped me wash dishes and sprinkle salt on a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  I tried not to worry about her being not The Oldest and not The Baby.  I think she's doing OK.

Middle Kid silly face.

No comments:

Post a Comment