Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Right Foot, Left Foot, Repeat

So I signed up for this run in October.  It's gonna be a long one.  There have been many weeks this summer when I thought, Yeah, that's totally NOT going to happen.  Like, the month of July when I ran approximately 5 miles.  For the entire month.

Maybe I'm exaggerating.  But for sure, marathon training was taking a back seat to... pretty much everything.  And there is a lot of everything if I look around.  August was better.  A little bit less hot, and a little bit lighter on the weekend plans.  Plus, as it turns out, my dog is built for distance.  Not that we have to go far to see things like this on our runs.



This weekend will be the longest run before the 26.2.  And my longest run ever.  I have planned out a 20 mile course along the county roads, then back into town, then out of town, then back into town again.  Then home.  Assuming I'm still alive at that point.  Kidding.  I think.

Wish me luck, and a high lactate threshold.

You might want to sit this one out, Howl.


3 comments:

  1. don't forget to subtract "an hour-something" off your time, especially if you decide to run for vice president one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who did that? Ridiculous. I'm subtracting at least 90 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. paul ryan said he ran a "two fifty something" for his one and only marathon. it turned out to be *three* fifty something, but only because marathon runners are apparently such hardcore statisticians that they couldn't believe someone could not possibly remember an under three hour marathon time.

    ReplyDelete