February got away from me before I got a chance to post pictures and stories of Noah's first winter camping trip. March is about to do the same. So, back to some winter for a little bit. May this be the last snow I see for many months.
Check out that sweet tent. It's not ours - it belongs to a friend of Kevin's. This is luxury winter camping with heat.
The state parks don't get a lot of camping traffic in the wintertime. Trails are wide open for snowshoeing and roads can become sledding hills.
The days were sunny, but the nights were cold, even in the heated tent mansion. Or so I'm told. I was home with the girls, all of us cozy in our beds, while the guys were up north in the snow, wishing they'd brought cots to keep them off of the cold ground. Noah came home telling stories of the wolves and owls he'd heard in the woods in the night. They did exist, according to Kevin, but the boy slept right through the action. He can remember them if he wants to - it's OK with me.
Road sledding.
After 60 hours without these faces, I missed them terribly. One of them let me hug and kiss him when he walked through the door. The other one wiggled away to be reunited with the Mario Kart he'd missed more terribly than me. Which is probably what the first one actually wanted to do, but he knew better than to fight me.
No comments:
Post a Comment