Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

And Now I Will Drink Hot Chocolate And Eat A Slutty Brownie

My March Fourth / Forth Resolution: to post some words and pictures to the blog.

Not, like, regularly or anything. I'm not up to that kind of commitment. Just, you know, today.

Done! Now I can sit back and bask in the glow of a resolution carried out for the rest of the day. Feels pretty good.

Here are some photos from our hike at Afton State Park last weekend. There was enough snow on the trails for the kids to wear the snowshoes that Santa brought them. Barely.

How a 3 mile hike with the littles goes:
   Mile 1 ~ Snow!  Downhill! Let's run!  This is awesome!
   Mile 2 ~ Mom, carry me.  Dad, carry me.  Mom, I need a piggy back.  Dad, I need to rest.  Mom, I need water. I hate going for hikes.  I want to go home.  Where's my water?!
   Mile 3 ~ Blissful silence.  Because I have tuned out the whining and can hear only the white noise in my head.  Except for Maggie's snoring.  The whole forest can hear that.  Sister loves to sleep in the backpack.

Greta found a good walking stick.  And there was no fighting over walking sticks this entire afternoon.  Not that I heard anyway.  Blissful silence.

Everyone had a great time.  This is the end of the hike.  Noah is super sad that it's over.  He doesn't want to go home and play Mario Kart at all.  He wants to hike another three miles.  Poor kid.  We force him indoors way too much.
One of the best loved pieces of baby gear we own.

One of our best loved babies.
Kid snowshoes.  They only made it out twice all winter.  What a sad winter to be a snowshoe.

And now, since I have realized my March Forth! Resolution, I should probably reward myself with a slutty brownie.  It's a real thing.  I'm not just making it up.  But I did make them because they sounded a little naughty.  Here is the recipe if you want to try the naughty brownies too.  Please call me and remind me to run five miles tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment