The arrival of the FedEx carrier is always cause for running, screaming and children frantically trying to figure out how to undo the child-proof lock on the front door (foiled again - ha!). Really, any time the door bell rings, it's kind of a big deal. Here's yesterday's speedy delivery.
Two pair of the most awesome kids' mittens of all time. Some of their awesome features include: waterproof construction, extra long length, elasticized draw string wrists to keep mittens on hands and snow out of mittens. We're never coming indoors again.
I promise not to assault you with weekly pregnancy photos (like I've done in the past), but I will share this one. Beginning of the second trimester. Kind of a milestone. I will say that although I can no longer button my jeans, I can still sleep on my stomach. I would also like to tell my 25 year old sister out there to appreciate your abdominal wall musculature. You may long for it to return someday. Not in a "I'm going to start doing some sit ups" kind of motivated way, of course. Just wistful for muscles past.
I tried to get the birthday boy to pose for a picture last night, but he declined. It was his birthday wish. Here is a photo of yesterday's art project instead. My, aren't we crafty?
Last, I can't believe I forgot to post this one last week. Another for the kid v cat files. For those who don't know the personalities of our two cats, this one is the fast one. As in, he could totally outrun a three year old if he wanted to, and there are plenty of dark corners for a black cat to hide himself in. It's not like she's sneaking up on him all stealthy-like. The look in his eyes (not pictured) is one of resignation. A cat who was around years before the small ones existed is now sentenced to rib squashing hugs from our youngest. Why doesn't he run? Why doesn't he push away with his three foot vertical leaping back legs? Why doesn't he even try to squirm out of her fat fingers? Poor kitty. We've broken his spirit.




maybe pete likes hugs. and she has to crush his ribs or he will get away.
ReplyDelete