Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Spotless Mind

Sleep deprivation is an interesting thing. There are days following sleepless nights when I am conscious of the bits of reality that I'm missing out on.

Did Noah take his vitamins this morning?
Where did I park my car and who remembers what it looks like?
Did we miss a doctor's appointment yesterday?

Then there are days when I feel like I'm well-rested, fully present in the world, participating at my full capacity. Until it is pointed out to me that, in fact, I am not.

Noah's teacher: "Please don't forget Noah's sleeping bag next week." (he doesn't sleep well in foreign bags, apparently)
Daycare center director, via phonecall, 10 minutes after we'd left: "Did you notice that you left the kids' jackets and backpack in the driveway on your way out?" (at least it wasn't one of the kids)

More caffeine must be the answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment