In my post-call daze this morning, I thought it would be harmless enough to check my email before going to bed. Sure, I was barely functional enough to get my car from the hospital parking lot to my garage, but what if there was some very important message waiting there for me that I needed to see before slipping into my three-hour Tuesday morning coma?
There wasn't. But I did manage to permanently delete a whole year and a half of photos from the computer hard drive. Fantastic. I nearly lost my mind. Fortunately, our computer was sick a few weeks ago and Kevin spent hours and hours backing up all of our pictures on another computer. Only February has been lost completely and forever. But really, it hasn't been a very exciting month so far.
We'll just have to take a gazillion pictures for the last couple weeks of the month to make up for it. Thank goodness for the leap day.
There wasn't. But I did manage to permanently delete a whole year and a half of photos from the computer hard drive. Fantastic. I nearly lost my mind. Fortunately, our computer was sick a few weeks ago and Kevin spent hours and hours backing up all of our pictures on another computer. Only February has been lost completely and forever. But really, it hasn't been a very exciting month so far.
We'll just have to take a gazillion pictures for the last couple weeks of the month to make up for it. Thank goodness for the leap day.
Greta discovers her toes
Noah offers to wipe your nose
there's software out there you can get to allow you to restore any deleted files. a good one is called r-undelete but i don't know if it has a trial version or not. i have a copy but it's registered to my work so i can't let you have it unfortunately :(
ReplyDeleteThat is a great tip. I'll look for it.
ReplyDeleteI just mentioned to Bryan yesterday that we should look into an external harddrive to back stuff up. I think I'd lose my mind if I lost the last month of pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteYes. You should do that. We've been talking about getting an extra hard drive for two years. Maybe someday it will appear on our doorstep.
ReplyDelete