How many times this summer have I shared a our kids are getting so B I G with a friend?
They are. I put them to bed {sometimes not until nine-thirty} and when they wake up hours and hours and hours later, their arms and legs ache from all the nighttime stretching. The summer sun and wind and rain are no joke, and we're soaking up as much of it as we can.
As they grow, they become more like us at their age {skinny, but strong} {sassy, but smart} and less like us at any age {more courageous, more self-confident, and far, far funnier}.
Noah, Greta and Magda are not the only ones sprouting this summer either. This is the season we nurtured a small deck garden of giant kale and lettuce that my kids willingly eat {!} and whole kiddie pool full of our local pond's {glorified puddle} tadpoles into grown up frogs, with help from Grandma and Google.
This is also the summer that my kids are both big enough and small enough to run with me. Noah and Greta can bike four or five miles without {too much} complaint, and Maggie is still content in the stroller. I'm learning that an eight o'clock run will nearly always result in a sleeping toddler within two miles, and for a girl who has very strong, very loud, and sometimes very physical opinions about whether or not it is her bedtime, this great news.
Tonight's adventure will be deck camping if I can swing it. Happy Independence!

No comments:
Post a Comment