Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Month of Lazy

I did run that marathon, by the way.


And the whole gang of family that came to cheer for me, they ran too.  From mile 13 and mile 15,

I love this sign even more today

to mile 17 and mile 20,


and all the way to the finish.  We all made it.

See that silver medal?  The kids believe I got second place.  Not bad for my first marathon, right?

Four minutes after the finish, I swore to myself I'd never sign up for this insanity ever again.  Four hours after the finish, I swore to myself that I would beat my time by at least 30 minutes the next time around.  Four weeks after the finish, I have run a total of 5.5 miles.  After the month of lazy, I miss it.  Howl for sure misses it.  We'll be back out on the road this weekend, no doubt.

***

The forecast tomorrow is snow.  Hooray!

We will miss you, autumn.


No comments:

Post a Comment