| Ruby joined us for our walk this morning. I totally made that mei tai sling and her pants. Craftastic. |
The first few days he was gone all day, I missed him. A lot. I still miss Noah while he's away at school, with someone else shaping his attitudes and ideals. But there are some really great things about spending the day with just the sisters. One of them spends a lot of her day dreaming. The other one likes to go for nature hikes with me. Slowly. Greta just gets it. She covers a tenth of a mile in an hour, but she has explored every anthill, found every dandelion that the cold overnight didn't kill, and helped every caterpillar find his way across the sidewalk. She even shares her Goldfish crackers with them.
| She picked him up, squealed, and dropped him. "He tried to cuddle up to me!" |
On this walk, there is no one to yell at or argue with. Greta gets to set the pace and make up [most of] the rules. This kind of walk doesn't happen with a big brother.
Mags loves to stroll. Never before have I had a baby who likes to stroll. For Noah and Greta, the stroller was a torture device to be escaped from. This one actually likes the bumping and swaying the way babies are supposed to. She also likes the cold on her cheeks. Just a little.
| Bundle of joy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment