Oh my day of mixed emotions.
Noah skipped off to his unofficial first day of kindergarten yesterday. He vacillated between super excited and super nervous approximately ninety-seven times in the hours before walking up to his new classroom. OK, so did I. Ultimately, he settled on enthusiastic. Although taunting big brother came in a close second. What? Greta, you want to go to school too? And you're going to throw a tantrum about it? Oh. Too bad. You're not five. I am. Later.
Next, file under I Knew This Would Happen. After school and swimming lessons, Noah had his third eye exam of the year. He narrowly flunked the informal visual acuity test at his five year well child check in April. Then barely passed the real deal with the optometrist in May. We were told to come back before school started just to make sure he didn't need glasses for the classroom.
I've been in glasses since I was nine. So why was I completely shocked at this?
Noah is not at all conflicted about this. He is totally pumped about his new spectacles. Even more so after Greta threw a tantrum about not having any. Man, that girl has some emotional lability issues lately.
He chose the frames himself. Brown and green. Because they're his favorite colors. Today.
Now he'll be perceived as uber intelligent in school, which will become self-fulfilling, and before you know it, we'll be watching him on Nova. Only I won't be able to see the TV, because my terrible vision will have progressed to clinical blindness by then. Maybe he'll write a book and someone can read it to me.
And in conclusion, here's a cute, chubby baby shot taken by Kevin last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment