Kevin has been gone all week and the rest of us are beginning to show the wear. The normal weekly routines are off and some of us just don't adjust well to the unexpected. I'm not supposed to be the daycare drop off person. I do it all wrong. And far too early. We had a horrible time getting out of the house this morning followed by a very dramatic drop off, a full on drenching in a torrential downpour, a traffic jam and a two-hour-late arrival at work. Really, I'm much better suited to be the daycare pick up person.
Kevin reminded me later in the day that my Zen hadn't really abandoned me as I thought it had. If Noah hadn't freaked out about going to school, we would have been on time and I could have been involved in the trauma that made me late (I've never actually followed work into work before - it's eerie). Easy for him to say. He's been lazing around in a canoe all week centering himself. And working, I guess.
Friday night art project.
Clean up.
What an awesome art project and clean-up!
ReplyDeleteI can relate to being out of sorts with the dad travel- the past few days have seen an increase in freak-outs, both the "missing daddy" and "not wanting to go to school" kind, neither of which make for good morning departures. Yay weekend!
Nicole - you function as a single parent a lot more than I have to - I bow to your ability to keep it together!
ReplyDelete