Departed River Falls, WI @ 930 a.m.
Drove east on 94 exiting off on Highway 63 in Baldwin, WI. Followed tw0 lane roads north by northeast through towns named Clayton, Cumberland, and Shell Lake. The ride was very pleasant with a scenery mixed of farms, lakes, and hills. The kids slept most of the way. At Spooner, famous for its pumpkin train, we join the four-laned Highway 53 northbound towards Superior, Wi. An hour or so later we arrive at Amnicon Falls State Park which is 10 miles east of Superior, Wi in Douglas County. What I learned is that on our next visit to this park I will be sure to bring along Sarah to help me corral the kids away from the dangerous cliffs that drop into the raging Amnicon. Truly scary at times; so much so that I just had to leave since most of the trails hugged the steep river walls.
Drove east on 94 exiting off on Highway 63 in Baldwin, WI. Followed tw0 lane roads north by northeast through towns named Clayton, Cumberland, and Shell Lake. The ride was very pleasant with a scenery mixed of farms, lakes, and hills. The kids slept most of the way. At Spooner, famous for its pumpkin train, we join the four-laned Highway 53 northbound towards Superior, Wi. An hour or so later we arrive at Amnicon Falls State Park which is 10 miles east of Superior, Wi in Douglas County. What I learned is that on our next visit to this park I will be sure to bring along Sarah to help me corral the kids away from the dangerous cliffs that drop into the raging Amnicon. Truly scary at times; so much so that I just had to leave since most of the trails hugged the steep river walls.
View the slide show below for moments from the rest of the day at the following four places:
We returned home around 1030 p.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment