Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Holiday Superhero



Most years, Easter sneaks up on me. One day you're scraping ice off your windshield and the next you're buying a lily and eating a ham. Noah is almost two now. Big enough to get that there are times of year that he can expect things like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. For me, this means no more passive attitude toward holidays. There must be planning and preparation. I have never been the person who has their Christmas shopping done by mid-December. I'm lucky if I remember to wish happy birthdays within a week of the actual date. Playing Peter Cottontail has not been easy. My mom had to remind me to buy eggs to dye for Easter this year. Twice. I remembered the dye kit on my own. Choosing the right Easter baskets was painfully difficult, but finding the perfect hiding spots for them is going to be super fun.

Coloring the eggs turned out to be fun too. So much fun for Noah that we had to dye the raw eggs in the fridge when the hardboiled ones ran out. He only cracked a few. Next year, three dozen.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until she's old enough to dye eggs and search for baskets! But until then... mommy gets her candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what? you're right! having nobody to get fired up for holidays has meant ignoring them as they go by. just don't tell me it's time for me to have kids of my own! :P i'm definitely not quite ready for that just yet

    ReplyDelete