Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

On the Treadmill

In the last ten days,
  1. Noah has had his bedroom changed. Twice.
  2. He has been forced to leave his snug and familiar crib for a vast and foreign Big Boy Bed.
  3. I have gone back to work. Full time, and then some.
  4. Kevin has braved single parenthood for 28-hour periods. Twice.
  5. Greta has taken over the crib (with new velour sheets from Santa), and moved in with her brother.
  6. The kids have started daycare.
  7. Noah has become (even more) surgically attached to his blanket and pillow.
  8. I have dialed the first 6 digits of the center's phone number one hundred times - just to check on them - and hung up 96 times just before completing the call. (I am not a neurotic mother, I am not a neurotic mother, I am not a neurotic mother)
  9. Noah has given up the bottle - involuntarily, and not without a struggle - cold turkey.
  10. Kevin and I had a meal together, without kids. Lunch in Regions cafeteria. All we talked about was the kids.
  11. Noah was given Pop Tarts for breakfast for the first time. Chocolate ones. I am not amused.
  12. I heard the words, "Two kids went home this week throwing up and with diarrhea. I hope your kids don't get it," for the first time.
  13. We have all realized a new level of physical and emotional exhaustion.



Sorry if we don't call.

No comments:

Post a Comment