Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Where Are My Shoes?
Screw you, last fifteen pounds of pregnancy weight. Size Y is just as good as size X. If I have to work out, I'll consider it, but there are some things I refuse to surrender.*
It was a bad parenting day today. Let Noah watch far too much TV and didn't provide nearly enough new discoveries for Greta. My better half sneakily rearranged the furniture while I was at work on Monday, and I spent today obsessing about completing the job. When I say rearranged the furniture, I mean that I came home on Tuesday morning with a new bedroom and was unable to find the bookcase. Someone told me once that frequent rearranging of furniture is a sign of depression. I hope all the heavy lifting was therapeutic.
Another thing that another person once told me is that babies reach their peak cuteness at eight months. I clearly remember standing in line at the Como Zoo cafeteria with six-month-old Noah Bjorned to my chest, and the woman who told me that. I couldn't wait to see the extreme of my baby's attractiveness in the coming months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Someone told me once that frequent rearranging of furniture is a sign of depression. I hope all the heavy lifting was therapeutic."
ReplyDeleteIf that's the theory I have been depressed since I was 6 years old when I began moving couches and chairs in the living room (sorry mom). Though I do believe I have limited my rearranging episodes in the last 5 years. Positive aspects of rearranging furniture:
1. Changing furniture around is cheaper and more rational when compared with moving your family out west for a change of scenery.
2. Reclaiming the master bedroom from your two children. Way too much space for such tiny things.
3. Cheaper than a prescription
actually, you've reminded me of a blog entry i wanted to make a few weeks ago. maybe in a few more weeks i'll actually get around to writing it! :P
ReplyDeleteoh, and btw, it's such a shame that greta's already peaked for her looks so early. and she didn't even star in *one* commercial yet! you are bad parents for not exploiting your child's cuteness while she's still got her looks
ReplyDelete